Investing in Our Leaders Program
Would you like to join fellow alumni and friends in collectively investing in projects and priorities that support IU’s queer community? The IU Queer Philanthropy Circle (QPC) is an engaged group of individuals who pool their time, talent, treasure, and advocacy with the common goal to make IU an exemplar of inclusivity in higher education. With a focus on the queer community, QPC members administer an annual grant program and advocate for inclusive policies at IU system-wide.
The QPC is proud to launch the Investing in Our Leaders Program to create opportunities for those with the expertise, time, and passion for making a difference while acknowledging potential financial constraints. A fund has been established at the IU Foundation to offer memberships to a limited number of interested individuals each year.
What you gain
- Lend your voice to a collective group of passionate LGBTQ+ alumni, friends, and allies to make a difference for queer students, faculty, and staff at IU
- Board volunteer experience, networking opportunities, and deeper IU engagement
- A complimentary (and confidential) active membership to the Queer Philanthropy Circle with voting privileges
What you give
- Leadership, passion, ideas, connections, and a collective spirit
- Three years - a single term - of service through time dedicated to the Queer Philanthropy Circle
- Attendance to three business meetings of the QPC per year
- Active participation in at least one QPC Committee
How to apply
- Complete our online application, including
- A personal statement detailing the unique skills and perspective you bring and what you hope to gain by participating in the QPC
Apply to the Leaders Program
Selection Process and Timeline
IU Foundation staff select recipients based on application review and an individual’s ability to commit time and talent to the QPC. The annual application deadline is May 1 with QPC membership terms beginning on July 1.