Investing in Our Leaders Program
Would you like to join a dynamic group of volunteers dedicated to making an IU education as universally accessible as possible to the Black community? The IU Black Philanthropy Circle (BPC) is committed to continuous improvement of the recruitment, retention, and support of Black students, faculty, and staff by supporting grants, education, research, programs, and career opportunities. The BPC facilitates the coordination of programs and supports initiatives to strengthen the engagement of Black alumni and friends of the university.
The BPC is proud to launch the Investing in Our Leaders Program to create opportunities for those with the expertise, time, and passion to make a difference while acknowledging potential financial constraints of BPC membership. A gift fund has been established at the IU Foundation to offer memberships to a limited number of interested individuals each year.
What you gain
- Lend your voice to a collective group of passionate Black and allied alumni and friends to make a difference for Black students, faculty, and staff at IU
- Board volunteer experience, networking opportunities, and deeper IU engagement
- A complimentary (and confidential) active membership to the Black Philanthropy Circle with voting privileges
What you give
- Leadership, passion, ideas, connections, and a collective spirit
- One term (three years) of service through time dedicated to the Black Philanthropy Circle
- Attendance at three business meetings of the BPC per year
- Active participation in at least one BPC Committee
How to apply
- Complete our online application, including
- A personal statement detailing the unique skills and prospective you bring, and what you hope to gain by participating in the BPC
Selection Process and Timeline
IU Foundation staff select recipients based on application review and an individual’s ability to commit time and talent to the BPC. The annual application deadline is May 1 with BPC membership terms beginning on July 1.